Your best friend just got engaged! You are over the moon excited and she just asked you to be the Maid of Honor. Of course you said yes...but now you are asking yourself, “what’s next”?
Luckily, Maid of Honor duties are a great way to connect even closer and support your bestie, however you can feel a bit lost navigating everything. So what exactly does this new title and job mean? Take a deep breath, because we promise, this is going to be a blast. Just think of all the Kate Spade themed parties and confetti you can throw.
Here’s a quick breakdown of your new AND exciting duties:
- Engagement Party! While it’s not your job to throw it, you are there to show support and offer help.
- Wedding Prep! Any DIY projects, dress shopping, vendor meetings and more! You are there to help.
- Bridal Shower! Now this is your time to shine. The Maid of Honor is traditionally the host. Consider this your chance to create a special event just for your friend.
- Bachelorette Party! You know your friend best. This is your chance for an epic girl’s night out or an entire destination weekend. Have some fun and enjoy being besties. This duty is traditionally shared with all of the bridesmaids.
- Wedding Day! This is your chance to be extra helpful and the go-to guru of the day. You are there for the bride from start to finish. You are the wing-woman! Fluff her dress, straighten the veil and have lipstick on hand for touch ups. Don’t forget tissues for those happy tears.
Now what do you gift your bestie to be? Here are a few fabulous ideas:
She just said yes and you need to send her a giant congrats, this box will do just that! Filled with everything for your bride to be including a pinkie's up insulated tumbler, diamond topper pen, champagne bubbly candy, a blush pop the champagne clutch that says "I said yes!" on the inside liner, and notebook for all her wedding planning notes!
For the bridal shower gift, consider getting her something off the registry. However, make it just for her and extra special. A honeymoon gift is always nice too!
For the big day, think celebration! A gift that celebrates her and her new love! Something that is not only useful for their new life together but will also always be remembered. Remember to make use of their registry for ideas you know they want!
Cheers to you and being the best MOH on the block!